Become an HRVH Partner
The success of Hudson River Valley Heritage (HRVH) is the result of a formal partnership between the Southeastern NY Library Resources Council (Southeastern) and its member organizations. Membership and participation is open to any cultural heritage organization in the following counties of New York State: Columbia, Greene, Dutchess, Ulster, Sullivan, Rockland, Orange, and Putnam.
We support our members in the creation of online exhibits, newspaper collections, and non-newspaper digital collections. The non-newspaper digital collections are now part of New York Heritage, a state-wide digital library coordinated by the Empire State Library Network, of which Southeastern is a member.
Why consider digitizing and contributing content to HRVH and NY Heritage?
- Increase awareness of your collections.
- Increase exposure for your organization.
- Engage new audiences and encourage new scholarship.
- Extensive training and support offered by Southeastern.
- Shared infrastructure reduces the cost of digital collection building and hosting.
What does HRVH service include?
- CONTENTdm software for building and maintaining digital collections in New York Heritage. Example
- Omeka software for building online exhibits. Example
- Web hosting of your collections and exhibits.
- Hosting of newspapers on HRVH Historical Newspaper site.
- Digitization workshops provided by Southeastern staff.
- Documentation (guidelines, best practices).
- On-site project support provided by Southeastern staff (15 hours/year).
- Unlimited phone and email support by Southeastern staff.
- Access to a scanning station at Southeastern (Epson Expression 10000XL).
- Scanners and laptops for 3-month loans.
- Membership in HRVH Users Group.
- HRVH Email List.
- Harvesting of metadata records to WorldCat.
- File backup/digital preservation through Southeastern's Digital Dark Archive service.
HRVH/NY Heritage Participation Fees
As a non-profit organization with a mission to support members and enhance access to information for users, Southeastern strives to keep participation fees affordable. HRVH partners join by becoming members of Southeastern in one of three categories:
- Governing membership in Southeastern Membership Application
- HRVH membership for an individual organization Membership Application
- HRVH membership for a consortia or group of organizations that wish to build one shared collection Membership Application
There is a one‐time start‐up fee of $500 for all members. (This supports the initial start-up costs of training, print documentation, collection set-up, and server space.)
There is an additional annual service and hosting fee based on number of files in collection:
1‐250 Files: $50/year
Membership dues must be paid annually to participate in the HRVH service. If an organization decides to drop membership, Southeastern will continue to host the content for the annual service/hosting fee.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Jennifer Palmentiero, Digital Services Manager at Southeastern (email@example.com OR 845-883-9065 x116).